As new cars are being sold, used cars are becoming available in the market. Although there are numerous used cars to choose from, if you want a great deal then you will have to shop smart. There are a few tried and proven strategies that will help you when you are looking for used Fords in Hickory Hills.
* Get your priorities straight first: Before you aimlessly begin looking for a good deal on a used car the first thing that you must do is define your situation. If you are hauling kids and their pets around you will need one thing, if you live in the country rather than the city that will impact your choice. Decide in advance what body style you want, what is the optimal engine size, how about economy? Come up with a list of “nice to have features” as well as a list of “must have” features.
* Know your budget: Like almost everything, there are things you want and then there are things that you can afford. Only you know what your comfortable budget is, determine it and stick to it. Try to prearrange financing; you can often get better interest rates from your bank or credit union than you can a dealer. Whatever financing arrangement you settle on, make sure you fully understand what you are committing to.
* Research: Now that you know what car will suit you and your circumstances best, how much you can comfortably spend and you have arranged financing; it is time to start looking. Remember that comparing used Fords in Hickory Hills on price only can lead to trouble; a car that looks like a deal often is plagued with problems that will eventually cost you more money.
* The test drive: Once you have seen a few cars that meet your specifications, arrange to take them for a test drive. Drive the car as if you had already bought it, often the dealer will have a route that suits their purposes, chances are it won’t suit yours. Drive the car on various road surfaces, try the brakes and steering at different speeds and listen carefully for any strange noises that might foretell future problems.
* Mechanical check: By now you should be in a position to pick the car. Insist that you take it to an independent third party for a full mechanical check. If you have not uncovered any problems with your cursory checks this does not mean that the car is problem free, if there are defects that are not obvious a mechanic will find them.
Having looked at all the used Fords in Hickory Hills and putting the ones you like through their paces, all you have to do now is insure it and put the title in your name.
If you are looking for the best deals on the best used Fords in Hickory Hills you will do no better than buying from Hawk Ford in Oak Lawn. Click here for more information.