The transmission of a car is crucial for its proper operation. Without a working transmission, a car cannot go into gear. When problems with a transmission arise, repairs need to be carried out right away. While many transmission problems can be repaired, replacement is sometimes needed. When a person is experiencing problems with their transmission, they want to know what to expect from Automatic Transmission Repair Cost in Ogden.
The costs for repair or replacement of a transmission can vary among different shops. Common costs include:
- Basic transmission repairs typically cost between $1000 and $2000. This normally includes repairs for the torque converter and transmission pump.
- Transmission replacement costs can range from $1800 to $3500.
- Purchasing a transmission from a salvage yard can cost $1000 to $1500.
- Some shops can rebuild a transmission for around $1500 to $2500.
- A remanufactured transmission will cost $2500 to $3500.
Once a person has been able to evaluate the Automatic Transmission Repair Cost in Ogden, they can work with a repair technician to make the right decision for their car. Most transmission repair shops offer warranties on their work. Used transmissions may not come with any type of warranty. This is important to consider when choosing which repair or replacement option will be most beneficial.
There are several different signs people can look for when a transmission needs to be repaired:
- Grinding, whining or clunking sounds when the gears are changing
- Leaking transmission fluid
- Car jumps out of gear or will not go into gear
- Burning smell when a car is driven
- Transmission fluid has turned brown or cloudy
When these signs are noticed, car owners need to seek repair or replacement services right away. The sooner repairs are carried out, the less likely major damages will occur. To receive the transmission repair services you need, contact Tanner Transmissions Inc. They will be happy to fully inspect your vehicle to find the cause of your transmission problems. Call today so your car can be properly repaired. With transmission repair, your car can run as it should. Their expert repairs will have your car working like new again.