A BMW automobile is one of those wonderful German engineered and built vehicles that can give you many years of driving pleasure and exceptional performance. Of course even the best cars in the world cannot be expected to perform well if they are not well maintained, serviced and repaired when necessary. When you are looking for BMW repair in NYC you should be adamant that you will take nothing less than the best; you want the best specialist technicians who have all the necessary specialized tools and use nothing but original BMW parts. This sounds like an expensive proposition but these service centers do exist. To help owners identify the best possible service center for BMW repair in NYC here are a few helpful tips and hints.
* Experience: To do the job right the technicians that work on your BMW must have experience and have undergone specialized training on the vehicle mechanics. In the majority of cases a general repair shop is not where you want to take your BMW as they rarely have the skills or tools to do the job correctly.
* Equipment: To work on a BMW the technician needs to have access to a number of specialized tools and diagnostic equipment. The control systems on your BMW are specific to your model and they cannot be read accurately without the proper equipment.
* Quality parts: Although you are looking for an independent BMW service facility make sure they have direct access to original BMW parts.
* Time in business: There are many shops that can be considered fly-by night, these people you want to avoid. If the service center has a good number of years dedicated to servicing BMWs and other exotic imported cars you are on the right track as they would not stay in business long if their performance was sub-par.
* Customer feedback: This is a great way to zero in on a quality service center, ask other BMW owners where they go and what they have experienced, as you get a few good leads; drop by and talk to the service manager and you will quickly know if this center is good or not.
* Staff: The service manager is but one link in the chain. Take time to meet and talk to the foreman and a couple of the technicians, you will quickly identify the experience and dedication that is prevalent in the facility. Check the facility, if it is neat and well organized this is the mark of a well organized group.
Once you have gone through these steps consider location and convenience to your home or office. If the shop is not close to your home then make sure they offer a free concierge service or a loan vehicle while your repairs are taking place.